Preparation Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 20 slices
• 1 cup thickly sliced unpeeled cucumber (approx. 20 slices)
• 1 small red capsicum
• 1/4 tsp oil for greasing
• 1 cup cooked chick peas
• 2 tsp crushed garlic (lehsun)
• freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch) to taste
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp thyme
• 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
• Salt to taste
• A few sprigs of parsley to garnish
• Apply oil evenly over the red capsicum. Pierce it with a fork and roast it over an open medium flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
• Immerse it in water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and cut into thin strips. Keep aside for the garnish.
• Combine all the ingredients, except the cucumber slices and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture using little water till smooth.
• Arrange the cucumber slices on a flat dry surface and top each cucumber slice with a little of the topping mixture.
• Serve immediately, garnished with red capsicum strips and parsley sprigs.