Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse, loaded with iron, fibre, zinc, phosphorous and Vitamins A, B, C and K. Apart from preventing diabetes, heart disease and cancer, it detoxifies your body and prevents osteoperosis. Try making this simple broccoli soup with the goodness of walnuts that is as delicious as it is healthy.
• 2 cups chopped broccoli
• 1/4 cup chopped onions
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped boiled potatoes
• 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup milk
• 1 tbsp oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the garnish
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (akhrot)
• Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions on a medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the broccoli, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add 2½ cups of water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is done, while stirring occasionally.
• Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer along with the potatoes to a smooth puree.
• Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
• Serve hot, garnished with the walnuts.