Sweet corn soup is not just a healthy comfort food, but also a home remedy for fighting cold and fever at home. Try this healthy soup on a rainy day and enjoy the simple pleasure of life…
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cream style sweet corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots, lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped beans, lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels, steamed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion leaves
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little bit of vegetable stock. Once dissolved completely, add the remaining stock, soy sauce, salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan (don’t turn on the heat as yet); add the cream style sweet corn, the above corn flour-stock mixture and stir well, until well combined. Once combined, turn the heat on.
- Stirring continuously, allow the corn mixture to boil until you notice that it begins to thicken. Once it begins to thicken stir in the remaining ingredients (carrots, beans, spring onion leaves) and boil for a few more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and taste. Adjust the seasoning to suit your palate.
Like Thanks! You've already liked this