These delicious desserts wrapped up in picture-perfect packaging and made with so much love are exactly the kind of homemade Mother’s Day gift Mom looks forward to the most.
Strawberry Jell-O cookies with shredded coconut recipe
These cookies are bursting with strawberry flavor, and they are this bright with no added food coloring. By stacking a few cookies on top of one another and tying them up with a festive ribbon, these make a great homemade gift for Mom.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry Jell-O mix, dry
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using hand beaters or a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and dry Jell-O mix until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salt, baking powder and flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out large bits of the dough, and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Single-serving cherry crisp recipe
This recipe makes just one baked cherry crisp — perfect for a dessert just for Mom. This crisp can be dressed up with some pretty lace ribbon, twine and a “homemade with love” tag.
Serves 1 (8-ounce jar)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1-1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- Scant 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries, white sugar, 1-1/2 tablespoons of flour, the cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Stir together.
- Pour the cherry mixture into the jar.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, butter, salt and 1-1/2 tablespoons of flour. Mix together, and then place on top of the cherries.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cherry mixture has cooked down and the topping is golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
Lemon blackberry and strawberry sweet bread recipe
This bread is stuffed with fresh berries and flavored with a hint of fresh lemon. Wrap some parchment paper around the loaf with some twine and ribbon, and Mom will be thrilled to receive it.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/3 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a bread pan with cooking spray, and then lightly coat the pan with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a stand mixer or hand beaters, cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in the milk and eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the blackberries and chopped strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into bread pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.