If you wanna to fit your skinny jeans or baring all on a beach, one of the easiest ways to feel slimmer is to focus on your belly. But how to do it? Let Fitness expert David Kirsch shares his tips for getting a flat, sexy stomach in a cinch. Get a flatter physique by banishing that belly bloat!
1. Stay away from heavy carbs like bagels and pasta. When you decrease carbs in your diet, you train your body to access stored carbohydrates and burn them off, and eliminate excess stored fluids. Try an egg white scramble for breakfast instead, and pack protein-rich snacks like seeds, nuts or turkey slices.
2. Switch out high-fructose fruits like honeydew, apples or pears for fruits that are low in fructose like berries, grapes and citrus.
3. Alcohol is the enemy! Alcohol causes dehydration and may slow your body’s ability to eliminate excess waste. Alcohol is also high in acid that can cause swelling in your GI tract. Reach for a glass of water instead.
4. Try to do some kind of physical activity every day. It increases your heart rate and breathing stimulates the natural contractions of your intestinal muscles, aiding digestion.
5. Many people think dairy is the enemy when it comes to bloating, but foods like yogurt that contain probiotics can actually help with belly bloat. Try Greek yogurt, which is higher in protein than its counterparts, so you’ll stay full longer.
6. Eat foods that are high in fiber, but keep in mind that not all fibers are created equal. Get your fiber from fruits and vegetables, whole-grain rice, pasta and bread rather than from packaged high-fiber products.
7. Eliminate diet drinks, as many of them contain sorbitol, which isn’t digestible so it causes bloating.
8. Try not to eat on the go. You tend to take big bites of food and don’t chew properly so you swallow tremendous amounts of air. Take 15-20 minutes to eat each meal, even if you’re sitting at your desk, take a deep breath after each bite and chew with your mouth closed.