In spite, choosing the best cooking oil, it may still fail to give us the maximum benefit, due to its smoke point. So, to help you get the best from our cooking oil, let Her101 Editor give you hints on this.
• Try not to fry your food, to keep the heat stability of the oil. Instead, bake your meat or other vegetarian food.
• Usually, fats oxidise as they are exposed to air and light. So, make sure to store your oil in a cool and dark part of your pantry, rather than on the bench top. This will help in maintaining the freshness of the oil, and preventing unnecessary oxidation.
• Don’t turn your stove top to high heat, just keep it on medium heat, this will help to keep the nutritional content of your oil.
• Mix it up and use some other oils. For example, you can use avocado oil, which is ideal for cooking monounsaturated fat profil, which helps to protect the oil from breakdown during heating.
• Also, use a non-stick pan and do most of your heating prior to adding a bit of oil for flavour. Add oil at towards the end of the heating process. This way you will avoid exposing the oil to heat for a longer period of time.