Dating has been on my mind a lot lately. Through emails, tweets, and messages it seems people struggle with how to properly date and interact with someone they like or want to pursue. Because I can totally relate to this, and having just been out of the dating scene a measly few weeks, I thought it’d be fun and offering suggestions, on relationships, dating, etc.
I’m by no means an expert but I’d love to offer what I have learned the hard way. Below are just a few tips Vee can share each other. I hope they encourage.
1. Be secure enough in how much God loves you or you will become a slave to the guy’s decisions, emotions, and actions. If you put your identity in your boyfriend, in hopes that he will satisfy you, save you, and fulfill you, then when you break up it will feel like you are losing your god not your boyfriend.
2. Find out the guy’s gifts, talents, and passions and pursue them with him. Guys like shared time more than shared conversation sometimes. Just doing an activity he loves together means the world.
3. Break up with him if he doesn’t follow number 1 above. Seriously. It never ends well. A guy is always on his best behavior in dating so if you see red flags in dating, they only get worse in marriage. It’s better to be not married and lonely, then married, lonely, and miserable.
4. Pray for him, let him lead, and encourage him through texts, notes, gifts, etc.
5. Have a few older godlier men in your dating life. If you two date in isolation it won’t go well. Guys listen to guys, so get guys in your life that can speak into his life and keep him accountable.
I know there are plenty more I could add to the list. What would you add? What has helped you while dating?
For support us, Shop at VeeMall!