Looking for a Mother’s Day gift? Check out these meaningful, inexpensive and intangible ideas your kids can give, as well as some suggestions for more pricey Mother’s Day presents.
Inexpensive Mother’s Day Gifts
There’s no need to break the bank on Mother’s Day. Here are some frugal gift ideas.
- Breakfast in bed.
- A home-made recipe book of her favourite family dishes.
- A photo album of pictures of her as a child with her mom, as well as pictures of her with her kids.
- A journal.
- Printable Mother’s Day coupons.
- A kid-made Mother’s Day craft.
- Her favourite meal for dinner.
- A freezer full of meals, either home-made or purchased from a meal-prep business.
- A mixed CD of her favourite songs.
- A magazine subscription.
- Something handmade, such as a hat, scarf, jewellery, soap or piece of art.
- A book or gift certificate to a book store.
Intangible Mother’s Day Gifts
Sometimes the best presents are the ones that don’t come in packages.
- Check off her “honey-do” list or complete one big project she’s been longing to see done, such as painting her bedroom walls or planting flowers outside.
- Give her a day to herself.
- Give her a day without household chores or other responsibilities.
- Set aside private time for her to finally put together her children’s baby books, perhaps at a craft store or a friend’s house.
Other Gift Ideas
If you’re able to spend a little more, consider these gift ideas for mom.
- Theater, concert or sports tickets.
- Jewellery, such as a locket or charm bracelet with photos of her children engraved on it.
- Plane tickets to visit an old friend or her own mom.
- Flowers (tip: try to find out the types of flowers she received when her babies were born).
- A day at the spa.
- Plants for the garden.
- Something for the backyard, such as a comfortable lounge chair or outside fireplace.
- High tea with her friends or with her own mom.
- A portrait of her with her children or of her mother.
- A kitchen appliance she has always wanted, such as an espresso maker or food processor.
- Brunch at a fancy restaurant.